For more information, e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Technique: scales, arpeggios, modes, musicality
- Students most lean a etude “Motivo de Son” free downloadable from this site
- The concept of playing with the Afro-Cuban Son and Rumba Clave
- How to apply the bass Tumbao and Montuno from the piano into the marimba
- How to apply the clave into the marimba Tumbao and Montuno
- Developing independence with the bass Tumbao playing by the left hand and
soloing with the right hand
If you need to submit for funding please click on the endorsers page to request support.
Orlando Cotto’s Equipment List for Percussion/Marimba Master Classes
Yamaha Marimba 6000 or 5100
LP Matador Wood 11″ Quinto
LP Wood 11 3/4″ Conga
LP Wood 12 1/2″ Tumbadoras
DW 5000 Cajón Pedal
LP Gajate Bracket “2 of Them”
LP Salsa “Uptown” Timbale Cowbell
LP Salsa Cha-Cha Cowbell, Low Pitch
LP Jam Block Medium Pitch-Red
LP Jam Block High Pitch-Blue
DW 5000 Single Bass Drum Pedal “2 of them”
DW 5000 Hi-Hat Cymbal Stand
Snare Drum 14×5.5 with Stand
Floor Tom 14 or 16 inches
AFRO-CUBAN DRUMMING WITH ORLANDO COTTO
5/6 – 5/27 from 5pm-6pm.
The 4 weeks Spring course is suitable for any drumming beginner or serious enthusiast. Led by professional percussionist Orlando Cotto, (re)learn the basics of drumming, develop your internal timing, and Learn common folk rhythms from Cuba, Puerto Rico and West Africa.