Orlando offers group master classes of classical marimba and Afro-Cuban music and Classical Percussion. All clinics are geared for a particular age level-from college level classes to middle school students. Below is an outline for his most popular class in Middle and High school presentations.
For more information, e-mail at mail@http://www.orlandocotto.com or click on contact below.
- Technique: scales, arpeggios, modes, musicality
- Students most lean a etude “Motivo de Son” free downloadable from this site
- The concept of playing with the Afro-Cuban Son and Rumba Clave
- How to apply the bass Tumbao and Montuno from the piano into the marimba
- How to apply the clave into the marimba Tumbao and Montuno
- Developing independence with the bass Tumbao playing by the left hand and
soloing with the right hand
If you need to submit for funding please click on the endorsers page to request support.